Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Heat

I live in the wrong part of the country...

I am a winter girl! Give me jackets, sweaters, hats, gloves, boots!! I don't like shorts, skirts, open toed shoes. I love to be cold. I love to bundle up under my 7 covers (yes, I like covers on my bed), and snuggle up with a good tv show, or a book and drink hot chocolate.


None of that will be happening in my near future. The heat and I do not get along...at all!! I don't like to be hot, don't like to sweat, don't like to feel sticky. I don't like getting out of the shower, and then sweating while I dry my hair. I don't like walking outside and feel like I hit a brick wall of heat. I don't like running errands in the heat because you can never get cool. Yes, I have pretty much described the next 4 months of my life.


Today, I think it is going to get up to 99 degrees, people, it's only MAY!!! Last night, my roommate and I were walking back from the gym and it was 96 degrees at 6:48 PM!! Hey I can give a little, I will take t-shirt and jeans weather! Spring is a good season too! I can rock a light jacket, or a sleeveless shirt with my jeans! I'll compromise!


Alas, I think I am going to be miserable until October.

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment