Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mirror of Truth

Mirrors - I sometimes struggle with mirrors...I'm not sure there is a girl out there who doesn't. You can't really hide in a mirror, especially those magnifying mirrors! Yikes!

Mirrors are just a simple reflection, but we can turn that into something way different! There are days I look in the mirror and do not like what I see. I see a girl who has gained weight, who has frizzy curly hair, whose make up didn't go on right and who is just all around struggling. there are days I do like what I see - those things just all come together and I look "not bad". I have never been someone who has thought she was beautiful or gorgeous - I also think I am not ugly - Average, the best word to describe me.


I look into a mirror everyday, and depending on my mood or my emotional state, I either like what I see or I don't. So, I decided to take back my mirror! :)


My mirrors have now become "truth mirrors" I have 2 that I look in everyday and on them I have written truths about me and about life. On one, I have written "
Enjoy Everyday! You are in this season for a reason and it's a BLESSING" That one is pretty self-explanatory. In my bathroom I have a larger mirror that I have written Bible verses and quotes that encourage me and tell me who I am in Christ. They are TRUTH!!

Now, when I look in my mirror, I am reminded of who I am in Christ, the promises and truths the Bible gives me, encouragement about my walk from other people. I don't have to look into the mirror and see a girl who is struggling, but I can look past myself to focus on the words of Truth and be encouraged.


Here are some of my Truth sayings:


"Cast your burden on the Lord, He will sustain you" - Ps. 55:22

Don't focus on what you don't have - but on what you do.

"You are stronger than you give yourself credit for - in Christ you have divine power"

"Do not worry about your life" - Matt. 6:25

Because of Grace, I can come just as I am

"Help me to learn how to hang on tight to YOU when my life is rocked"

"He knows me"- Ps 139
You are a toothpick duct-taped to a lead pipe (I am the toothpick, Christ is the lead pipe)
"YOU know me better than I know myself"
Pray without ceasing.

What do you see when you look in the mirror??

1 comment:

  1. Add this truth to the truth mirror...
    "You are gorgeous!"

    ReplyDelete