Saturday, July 30, 2011

Home...

written July 24, 2011


I know I have said this before in a previous post but it is so good to go home!! Yesterday we left Lancaster, PA and it was so rejuvenating for me to get home for a few days.

Let me tell you a little about Lancaster. It is hard to describe to someone who hasn't been there but it is such a beautiful place. Everywhere you look there are farms and rolling hills and Amish. You drive primarily on back roads, and will most likely get stuck behind a horse and buggy. If you need produce - stop at one of the multiple road side stands. "Corn for sale, third farm on the left" is a common sign. It is considered "country" but it is way different from Columbia country. Columbia country is hunting and camo. Lancaster country is farming and vegetables and animals. It's a different way of life.


In addition to seeing my home it was also great to see my peeps again. The people I saw have been our friends for over 25 years. We have been through a lot together, celebrated a lot! We always get together when we come to town! It's great to have friends who after all these years still want to hang out. There were 20 of us that got together two of the
three nights. These people "get me". We see each other once a year unless we go up for a shower or a wedding and are always able to pick up where we left off. It's like we never left. We get updates of their lives, on people we haven't seen, and laugh a lot!! I love these people to death!! They are my family and I couldn't wait to see them! We had an absolute blast together. Here are some pics...

Our group is growing! Megan and Dwayne had Tanner a few years ago, and Ray and Sara had Lillian 2 months ago. We got to spend a good bit of time with both of these kids. Lillian is adorable!! She is so small and is a great baby...didn't mind being passed around...alot... haha one night I was holding her at dinner and she threw up on me three times! I got in some good practice for march :). Tanner is by far the greatest kid!! He is adventurous, loves to observe, and he had us laughing most of the night! I'm not sure this boy has a rough day!

Tanner:LIllian

No comments:

Post a Comment