Sunday, July 31, 2011

food

Us Yankees know how to eat!!

OMG I have eaten so much in the past 10 days that I don't think I will be hungry for days. There is so much food up north that we can't get in the south. Here was my food routine...

Thursday: Stop in Elkton, MD for sub sandwiches, go to Acme grocery store for gingersnap cookies. Stop in Claymont, DE for steak sandwiches - best ones I have ever had. Arrive in Lancaster, PA and go to Oregon Dairy (grocery store) to get some "essentials" to hold us over. Dinner at Shady Maple - the biggest smorgasbord you will ever see, all cooked by the Amish. You will not go hungry there.

Friday: Go to Central Market in downtown Lancaster for Achenbach's (long donut with loads of icing on top, only way better than donuts), go to Hammond's for pretzels, go to Wilbur for chocolate, go to Stauffers (grocery store) for too many items to count, then head to Oregon Dairy to get what we couldn't from Stauffers....Some of these items include Tasty Cakes, Pies, Utz chips, Herrs chips, Martin's kettle cooked chips, Turkey Hill Ice Cream, Hot dogs, Pasta, Extra Dark Pretzels, Bulk candy, Wild bills beef jerkey...the list goes on. Dinner at the Yingers for Deb's tacos and then to the Perry's for homemade ice cream, brownies

Saturday: travel to Ocean City, get Dough Roller Pizza for lunch and Phillip's restaurant for dinner

Sunday: Thrashers French Fries, Dumser's Ice Cream, and Order in crabs for dinner...eat funnel cake as well

Monday: Go to Harpoon Hannah's for dinner - get friend shrimp and encounter the "bread lady"....she b
rings around a basket of bread, the Coconut muffins are by far the best things I have ever tasted.

Tuesday: Eat dinner on the boardwalk, got pizza and ice cream

Wednesday: Phillips for dinner again, ate fried shrimp

Thursday: head to Rehobeth beach and eat at Grotto's pizza, then got Gelato for dessert - close to Italian gelato believe it or not

Friday: last night in OC, so we ate at Phillips for the last time (that's right, 3 times) and got Crab Ravioli


There you go, that is my food diary, and here is a picture of the food that I brought home...




I feel a diet coming on...after I eat what I brought home of course! :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like me when I go to the U.S. By the way, I enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete