Monday, July 4, 2011

Sigh

I still count myself as a night owl. I love to stay up late watching tv or reading. I love long weekends because I get to do this for one more day than usual. I also know, that this throws off my sleeping schedule. Sunday night I stayed up late, which was great, but that means that I have to wake up early on Monday because I have to be tired by 10ish to get to bed at a decent hour. So I had a bright idea...if I have to get up early on Monday anyway....I should go get breakfast....which means....

Chick-fil-A

Yes!!! Great plan!! Haven't been in awhile because I like to sleep in on Saturdays, and since they aren't open on Sundays and I am not getting up any earlier during the week......yes this is perfect. So I ask Sara Jay if she wants to go with me.....she's in. The goal is to get up at 8 and leave when we are ready.
Today is here (yes, I am VERY excited), we get up, get ready, get in the car (where I almost blow her ear drums out because I was rocking to my Celine Dion cd and forgot to turn it down) and we are off. Pull into the parking lot and we see this....

We will not be opening until 10:30 on July 4th

Sigh


So we say alright, we will go to another one. Half way there it dawns on us (not morning people remember) this might be a company wide thing. So bring out handy dandy iPhone, find the phone number.... call them......yup, they are closed until 10:30 too...

Sigh

So we get home and the disappointed person that I am for A. not getting a chicken biscuit and B. not getting chickfila at all...... I decided to to on my way to my parents house! yes great plan, just get lunch instead of breakfast, new plan!! Then it dawns on me

Ice Cream Cake

I had made an ice cream cake for dinner tonight. Darn! Can't leave that hanging while I go through the drive thru....won't be ice cream, let alone cake by time I get there....

Sigh

So I give up on my Chickfila and decide to make waffles. Something else I don't do in the AM because it takes too long. Alright, batter made, batter poured into iron....ah the smell of waffles. Plate...check. Fork...check. Butter...check. Syrup......... uh.........syrup....

no syrup....

You are kidding me right? Plan D....No chocolate chips. Plan E....roommate doesn't have syrup....sigh. Waffle is now done....try it with just butter....nope, not a fan. Pour batter into Anchor Tupperware and put in fridge.

Breakfast just isn't my thing today


By this time, I am now defeated and decide to bail on breakfast all together. I would have cereal, but that just won't cut it, and I had that for dinner last night. But now that the dishes are done...kitchen is clean, and think I am going to head to my parents, drop off cake, and THEN head to chick fil a for lunch. That is the current new plan - let's see if that one turns out :)

1 comment: