Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall

I love this time of year! We are coming into my favorite two seasons, fall and winter. There isn't anything about it I don't love.

The main reason is the cooler weather. I am not a fan of sweating of any kind - can't stand to get out of the shower, and sweat while drying my hair, or just standing outside for 30 seconds and you are soaked. That is not my idea of a good time. I am such a fan of hoodies, jackets, scarves, sweaters, long sleeves, and boots. There is just something about them, that I can't explain. I love walking outside and the cold takes your breathe away. I love snuggling up under a blanket with hot chocolate, watching a movie. I love sleeping with the windows open when it is freezing outside. My roommate in college and I used to sleep with the windows open, and the AC on in the middle of December - I've never slept better.


I also love the fact that we are getting into the holiday season. I love the spirit of the holidays, yes some people get cranky and bent out of shape, and the traffic is bad, but it also is a time to spend together with family and friends, and if you don't put the emphasis on those bad things, you don't mind it as much. I love to give people gifts - I love to see their reactions, and I enjoy being able to give them something, to do something for them. Not only is it the holiday season, but it's birthday season in my immediate family. All 5 of us have birthdays from September to December, so that adds an extra element of fun to this time of year.


I look forward to this time of year with much excitement and anticipation. I can't wait to get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment