Thursday, September 29, 2011

What a day

Wow, today was a very big day!! When I look back on it, this day was full of emotions...mainly good. Work was insane today, and I won't bore you with the details, but lets just say that I worked about 9 hours today, and didn't stop all day. I got to work at 6:15 this morning, and was all over the place...i desk hopped...and I floor hopped. I was covering for someone else today, as well as setting up our customer room for a visit and making sure they had everything they needed. It was an exhausting day to say the lease...I am about ready for bed.

As you know I am going to be an Aunt - although as I think about that, I don't like the phrase "going to be", because I already am. I mean I believe that even though the baby isn't here yet, it is still a human being, and if something terrible were to happen, I would still morn as if I knew who that person was...so I am an Aunt, and I found out today that my sister and brother are having a boy!! His name is Caleb James and will grace us with his presence around March 2. Now March 2 is a special day, because it is also my great-grandmothers birthday (my mom's mom's mom), so I think it would be so special if he was born on that day. The big reveal was so much fun! Yesterday I was given 2 boxes, one had the number 1 on it, and the other the number 2. When Ben and Sarah found out the gender, they sent an email with which box to open, and inside was a blue sock - a tiny blue sock! I was so surprised and so excited at the same time. I couldn't wait to talk to Sarah to hear all the details of the visit and how everything went. The doctor checked twice, so I don't think there will be any surprises! I can't wait to meet Caleb James!!

Another big event today (although not nearly as big), was that I had my Pre-Construction meeting with the builder, and the architect. It was a very interesting meeting, but it went well. There were of course some things that needed to be adjusted, and a few surprises, but we were able to get them all fixed. At the meeting, they show your the floor plan (blown up), and they point out where my light switches will be, where the outlets are, make sure all your options are correct, tell you which way your attic is going to pull down...things like that. It is a very detailed meeting, and Praise the Lord I am a details girl. There were small things that I noticed, like they gave me upgrades that I didn't pay for, they had to move a light switch because it interfered with a door (I'd have to go into the closet, shut the door and then turn on the light), oh yeah...and the house was laid out backwards :) When I picked my lot, I was told that the house would be a certain way, but on the plans, everything was on the other side. This makes a huge difference! Thankfully, they were able to work it out so that the house could go the way that I wanted it to go, which I am glad because I think Zack, my realtor, was about to tear them a new one! (in a nice, courteous, professional way of course :) ) So this meeting was full of emotion, concentration, and trying to understand "construction-ese" I have obviously never done this before, so I didn't understand all of the lingo, but everyone was really nice and understanding, and allowed me to answer questions.

So the day was filled with insane craziness, complete excitement, with a mix of a dash of terror, and inadequacy. Now I am going to drink my root beer, pop some popcorn, decompress with a phone call and then call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment