Monday, August 8, 2011

Coupons

I am learning to coupon. I still haven't wrapped my head around it yet, but I think it is one of those processes where you just have to do it in order to understand it.

Sarah coupons and I went to her house this weekend where she taught me everything she knows. I'm starting out small - clipping coupons I would use and when they are on sale get them with the coupon. The hard thing is going to be waiting for the sale, and not buying something just because I have a coupon for them.

I'm also interested in the CVS Extra Buck process. I don't understand that one either really. I know that when you buy something you get so many Extra Bucks that you can use the next time you come in, I just don't understand how you get the Extra Bucks - is it only select items in the store, is it the items that are on sale...I don't understand...anyone know??

So I thought I would try this out and went tonight to CVS. I got 2 bags of skittles for $1.09 each and I got 3 12 packs of soda for $1.99 each which isn't bad! The bottom of my receipt didn't have any info on it, so I don't htink I earned any Bucks so I am not confused. Maybe I am not using it properly...any help is accepted!

So here I go, embarking on the coupon world. It will take me awhile to get the hang of it....and I will need to find some storage for the "bulk items" I will need to buy, but we will see how it goes first before I start re-arranging the pantry.

Oh one more funny note, when I got home, the side of my 12 pack came unglued and there were coke cans rolling down the parking lot....just what I wanted to do in 100 degree weather at 8:00 at night.

1 comment:

  1. I've never read your blog before but I just clicked on it from Sarah's... anywho, the ECB (extra care bucks) from CVS are only on certain items each week. The store ad will have it listed usually under the real price for the item, then say "It's like getting it for...". On Southern Savers, she lists the ECB deals first. It takes a little bit of effort and brain cells to work it, but once you get it, you can get lots for free or next to nothing... you do have to sort of maintain it (keep going every week or so) to make it really worthwhile (to "roll over" your bucks). You and Sarah can come over and I can show you (it still takes me a long time to get ready for a CVS run and I've been doing it for a year!). K, someday I'll read more of your blog!! Happy couponing! Oh and I'm sure someone thought you and your cans in the parking lot was hilarious free entertainment!

    ReplyDelete