Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Week

It has been an interesting week. A lot of highs and a few lows. I will give you some of the highs...

Tonight, I got together with some girl friends and we had a great time chatting it up and laughing. After that I went to a grocery store called Kroger and they had Utz potato chips!! I was quite excited over this. Utz is a brand that we can find at home in Lancaster, but have never seen them here. Mom and Dad went to Kroger last night and said they had a whole section of them! I had to go check it out for myself and what do you know, a whole section! It was like Manna from Heaven! I can't tell you why these chips are the best, they just are! It probably goes back to what I knew first. I just hope that people here like them and buy them so they continue to load the shelves. I'm sure my family could keep them in business but we might weigh 300 pounds if we did, and that's just not good.

Work was also good this week - and it also helped provide my biggest low. Wednesday was a rough day for me - not sure why, but it was just one of those days...I talked to a lot of angry people. Today made up for it though. I got some questions answered that had been hitting the back of my mind and it felt good to have a resolution to them. I am very thankful for my job and love what I am doing. It is stressful, and hard, and demanding at times but it is also keeps me challenged, is a lot of fun, and I have the privilege of working with some awesome people.

I also started to work on a Bible study by myself. It is going to be hard to stay disciplined, but I think I can do it. I am starting the Esther study by Beth Moore. I hope to go this weekend and get the video tapes (I have a coupon :) ). I am really excited about it!! I have heard great things about this study and it was recommended to me. Now it is about setting aside the time to really dive into it and I pray that I am able to get so much out of it . I really like the idea of studying a book of the Bible. My Sunday School class just finished a 30 week series on the book of James - that's right 30 weeks on 5 chapters! It was so encouraging and enlightening and really made me think about things and how I live my life. It really wet my appetite to do another book study. So here I go, onto another adventure.

I have really started working out. I am watching what I eat and am exercising several times a week. This week I have started to see some results and that is really exciting, and also motivating :) I wasn't overweight, I will be the first to admit that, but I just needed some toning and some shaping up. They say that once you start living the new "better for you " lifestyle that you will wonder how you lived any other way, and I am beginning to see that. The things that I craved before - the unhealthy stuff - have gone by the way side and I have craved better things. So here is to keeping motivated and eating better :)

My dad gave me this awesome fun Pirate songs CD. I think it might be a kids CD but the songs on there are hilarious!! They are so much fun and can instantly make my day better. The CD is to get us in the mood for our cruise coming up - oh yes its definitely helping :) It is called Pirates of the Caribbean: Swashbuckling Sea Songs and is on iTunes - you definitely need to check it out you will get a great laugh!

I know this is cliche, but I mean it - I have the best family! I am so thankful for the time that I have with them. I got to hang at my parents a couple of times this week and eat with them, and I get to work in the same building as Ben and Sarah. I mean if I need anything at all, Ben is one floor above me, and Sarah is 2. Not many people can say that. I am so thankful to have my family here, in the same state, nearby. I am also so thankful that we are as close as we are. I know not all families are like that, but we actually enjoy spending time with one another and I love that! I'm excited about getting together on Monday to scrapbook and hang out together. I think it is going to be the highlight of my weekend - just saying.

2 words that make me smile: long. weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The Bible study of "Esther" by Beth Moore IS awesome girl! I went through it last summer -- you are going to LOVE it. It's so applicable! Keep me posted on your thoughts about it :) Love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete