Monday, December 26, 2011

Blessed

I have an amazing family! I know I say that all the time, but I really do.

Mommom and John came to visit last Sunday to spend Christmas with us. Since my mom would be making dinner for them every night, Ben, Sarah and I invited ourselves over as well! I mean what's a few more people right? My mom made dinner every night for 7 people, except for one night when we went over to Ben and Sarah's house. I really enjoy the times when we eat together as a whole family. My mom is an amazing cook, and it was fun to hang out and laugh with each other, and to spend time with Mommom and John.

Mommom and John told me they wanted to do something for my new house, so they took me out shopping for towels and mats for my bathrooms! It was was incredibly generous of them, and I am so thankful! That is one more thing off my list! My family absolutely blew me away this Christmas! They went above and beyond for me, and I am so humbled! I received not only practical items for the house, but I also got fun gifts. I am so incredibly thankful that they are looking out for me, and are willing to help me. My mom has the memory of no one else I know, so she got me things that I had mentioned wanting months ago. I am truly blessed by them. They are the most generous people I know, with not only gifts, but with their time, and help, and love.

Today was Sarah's birthday! Every year, we get up at the crack of dawn to be at Target when they open at 7:00. Target puts their Christmas stuff on sale for 50% off, and there is always a line outside the door, so we get there early. We then ran a few other places (including Chick-fil-A for breakfast) and got together again tonight for her birthday dinner and gifts. It was a great time, as always. I'm very thankful she is my sister!

I am so glad to have had the past 4 days off. It has given me time away to clear my mind and gear up for the next couple of weeks, I am going to be pretty busy. God always knows when to give us rest, and His timing was perfect (as always). I am thankful to have had the past few days with my family to just re-group, unwind, relax, and plan. I am excited about the next few weeks, but also know they are going to be very hectic. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment