Thursday, December 29, 2011

Change

I've never done well with change...I'm talking big changes, first day of college, first day of school, first time living alone. There will inevitably be a meltdown a few days after the change to release the stress and tension that comes with it. It's because I like routines, and when there is a change I have to come up with a new routine. I'm a creature of habit, and I like knowing what to expect.

I also don't like change when it takes people out of my life. When my friend Ashley quit working with me, when I leave a visit to PA there have been tears shed. I'm going through a friend change now. I just bought a house (yay), and I've been working with a Zack, my realtor who has become a good friend. We actually went to high school together! I have been working with Zack since the beginning of August when the house search began, and then all during the building process. We talked almost daily, and got to know one another. He is the best realtor I could have asked for. We would get together weekly and would spend at least an hour at the house, with 75% of the time spent talking about our lives. I am going to miss spending time with him, getting his advice, and learning from him. It's hard when someone is just out of your life "cold turkey". I know that we will see each other when he comes to look at the house after I get it spruced up, but I will definitely miss our weekly meetings.


I am very excited about my house and all the decorating I get to do, and parties and functions I will have there. It will be fun to be done with renting and apartment life. I can't wait to see how my cats do in the "big house". It is going to be fun watching them run around.


All that to say, I have a lot of change coming in the next few weeks, and I know that I am going to need time to adjust and comprehend all the new responsibilities I have. Thankfully I have a lot of friends and family around to help me out.


Got one last "new adventure" in before the end of the year, and I'd say this is a big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment