Sunday, March 6, 2011

Some Highlights...

I was born in Lancaster, PA. I am by all means a northerner. I think like a northerner, act like one, speak like one. I love my friends back home. We have stayed friends through the years and see them every year. It is so nice to get back together with them. Lancaster is a beautiful place! There is no place like it. Its my Home!

I am single, and let me tell you this has been very difficult for me. I always thought I would get married right after college. I have always wanted to get married and be a stay-at-home mom. My mom stayed at home with my sister and I, and I have always wanted to follow in her footsteps. It just hasn't happened for me yet. God hasn't brought "my other half" into my life. I am learning to accept this and to enjoy being single. It has been a difficult journey for me, but I know that the Lord knows what He is doing, and when the time is right, he will come into my life.

I am a Child of God. I am deepening my relationship with Him. I am in an amazing Bible study, and have found a great church. I am relying on Christ more and more everyday. He is definitely there for me, and He gives me the strength to go through each day. I am learning so many truths about Him. I know that He has a perfect will, plan and timing and I need to trust Him!

I have an amazing family! They are very special to me and do not know what I would do without them. They encourage me, support me, help me. I know that I could call any of them and they would be there in a heartbeat. We are a very close family, very comfortable with each other. My dad is one of a kind! He is amazing! I was privileged to have him as a teacher, as a father, as a friend, as a supporter. My mom and I are very close. We are very much alike. I talk to her everyday and she gives great advice and support. I am so thankful for our relationship. I can talk to her about anything! Sarah is my best friend - she is the opposite of me and that is a great thing. She brings a different perspective to situations and can make things simple while I complicate them. She has set a great example to follow, and set the bar high, but one I want to reach. Ben is the best brother anyone could ask for. He makes me laugh all the time, and always gives great advice. I have gone to him on several occasions and I know that he has my best interests at heart. I am so thankful that he fell in love with my sister! I can't imagine our family without him.

My friends are very important to me. I have a special relationship with each of them. The "Awesome Foursome" is made up of Sara Jay, Elisa, Crystal and myself. We have been through so much together. We have laughed, cried, encouraged each other. We have been thru good times, broken hearts, college, and job searching. I love these girls dearly - we are all incredibly different and that is what makes it great! I am also so thankful for my Bible study girls. I joined over a year ago, and these group of girls have been incredible! I don't know what I would do without them.

I love my job! It's ironic that I work for a trucking company considering my first hands on experience with one was the day after I turned 18 when a semi hit me on the interstate and totaled my car. Now, I am very thankful for trucks! I am a customer service rep for an amazing company. I love my boss and the people I work with. It makes going to work more enjoyable!

4 comments:

  1. Just for clarity's sake...you don't work for the same company that hit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secondly, I don't like that my comments are in girly font with a pink background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you say you love Lancaster County, but you don't even mention Turkey Hill Orange Tea, ice cream (German Chocolate Cake), Country Made Old fashion donuts, sticky buns, Stauffers or Herr's chips, the Amish (who now use cell phones) or chippies from Martin's. Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait, the Amish use cell phones?!

    ReplyDelete