Sunday, April 3, 2011

Behind the Scenes

I am a huge behind the scenes fan. I am the girl who watches all the special features on DVD's. I am the girl who would love to go behind the scenes of different companies to see how they operate. I would love to go take the backstage tour at Disney and see the tunnels underneath Magic Kingdom. I want to go down into the crew quarters of Disney Cruise Line, and shadow a crew member for a day. Sometimes I am more interested in what I can't see, what is behind the scenes than what is up front.

My dad has had a huge impact on my life in this way. He and I love to explore new places. Whenever we go somewhere new, he and I always drop everything and explore it, see what we can, try to go to places we shouldn't. We love it!! My dad is a sound-man. I remember when I went with him to do sound at a Teresa Moshell concert - it was our little road trip, and I loved watching him work. I can remember going with him on Saturday nights to set up the stage for church Sunday morning. It was our thing. We would go and blare the music and set up all the mics, instruments, and monitors. When I got older, I would help him out in the sound booth. I would work the lights and the stage screens (powerpoints) and video. I loved it, the adrenaline when something wouldn't work, and the excitement when you did a great job. I loved knowing how the service was planned out, how all the pieces were coming together in harmony to assist in people worshiping Christ. I miss it! I miss working sound with my dad, the Sunday mornings we got to spend together.

There are many things you can learn while watching the special features on DVD's. I think it would be fun to work on a movie set. It would be awesome to watch it all filmed, then watch the final production. I'm a Celine Dion fan, and I have a DVD of one of her concerts in LA and there is a feature where you follow her from leaving her house, putting on the show, then going back home afterward. You see her getting ready, doing meet and greets, putting on the show. Sometimes they do a split screen of what is going on backstage, and what is happening on stage. I love that!! I am so intrigued by that. You learn so much on special features of DVD's. One thing is that I learned is the artist who drew the Beast for Disney's Beauty and the Beast, is a Christian! He taped 1 Corinthians 5:17 ("if any man is in Christ he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come") to help him draw the transformation of the Beast to a Man. To know that he used Scripture as a guide to draw a character amazes me. This is the kind of stuff that I love to know.

This month, my 2 friends and I are going to go to NC to see the set where One Tree Hill is filmed. They give tours and you can take a walk around the town and see the fronts to their stores, houses, and other sets. I am really excited to go see this! It is going to be a great girls day.

We were talking in Sunday School today about how when we get to Heaven, we will watch the "movie of our life". On Earth we have so many questions, we wonder why we go through hard times, and we know that angels are protecting us. I can't wait to see where the angels fought the demons for me. To watch the angels protect me in my car accident - and other times that I don't even know about. I can't wait to get answers to my questions, to see how decisions I have made have affected my life in good and bad ways. That movie of my life is going to be interesting, yet hard to watch. I think it is really going to be eye-opening. I know there are reasons that I don't know all the answers - I can't handle knowing them, and that is fine with me. I'm excited to watch the behind the scenes of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment