Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mini-Vacay

I love my job - I love the company I work for - the one "fault" it has, if you can call it that - holidays. We go from January 2 to May 29 without a day off. My job can be very stressful at times and going this long without a day off can really mess with your sanity! :)

I had one of those weeks where I couldn't take it anymore, it was a very stressful week, and I wanted to get away from my responsibilities at home. I didn't want to go to a hotel by myself, - so I went to my parents!! :) I decided that would be a fun place to hang out for the night. (and I knew my roommate would take care of the cats- thanks Sara!)

So Friday night I am at my parents and we decided to call my sister and brother and see if they wanted to come over for game night. They wanted to, so they were going to come over after dinner. Well dad and I decided to make a home-made pizza and thought to call Ben and Sarah to see if they wanted dinner - well they were making pizza as well and so over they game!

It was a great night!! We have so much fun as a family! We ate pizza, made milkshakes (Ben's was an oreo, brownie, vanilla ice cream concoction), and we popped our own popcorn. We played 5 Crowns and Uno. We laughed a lot!! I had an absolute blast.

This morning mom and I made English muffins and sausage. After breakfast (dad ate at the crack of dawn while mom and I were sound asleep), Dad and I ran to Best Buy so he could help me buy a GPS!! In the end I had to run to another store to get it, but he really helped me pick one out. I am excited to start using it and see how I like it.

I am so thankful for this mini vacation. It was really good for me to get away from the normal and to have a good time with my family. I am so thankful that we all live close by to have these impromptu nights together!

No comments:

Post a Comment