Monday, April 11, 2011

The Big Mo


This past weekend I went with a group of people from Shandon to Shealy's and The Big Mo. Shealy's is a famous BBQ joint, and the Big Mo is a drive-in theater in Monetta, about 45 minutes from Columbia. The theater provides 2 screens with each screen having a double-feature. Our options were Hop and Yogi Bear or Limitless and The Lincoln Lawyer. We decided to go see Limitless and The Lincoln Lawyer...Mostly because of the main guys in them! haha.

So you drive out to the middle of nowhere and there is this massive line to get into the theater area. There is one guy collecting money and directing you to whichever screen your movies are on. We paid the man our $7 each and parked our car. I think there were about 4 or 5 cars in our group, and we were all able to park in a row. We arrived about 45 minutes before the movie started and sat around talking and playing card games. Sarah and I had a great idea to flip April's car around so the trunk was facing the screen, and we put blankets on top of the trunk and had a nice reclining seat complete with pillows! It was a nice way to watch I have to admit.

Limitless
was up first, and that was good. It's about a guy who takes a pill that when swallowed, allows you to use every part of your brain and makes you do things you couldn't before. It was somewhat hard to hear at places (you have to listen thru your car radio or a portable radio, and we were relying on cars around us for sound), but I thought it was a good movie. There were moments of suspense, action, and all out grossness.

In between movies, I saw they had funnel cakes, so I got one - oh yes it was microwaved!!! I didn't know you could do that to a funnel cake. Needless to say it was not good but I think the guys ended up eating it anyway haha.

The Lincoln Lawyer was up next, and I would not recommend it. It was about a lawyer who works out of his Town car. It was boring! There was no action, no suspense, no substance, basically dull. The only action is at the end for about 2 seconds and that's it. There were only 5 of us that stayed for this movie and I'm sure the others were glad they left. Sarah and I had a great time looking for Constellations during the movie. I downloaded an app that told us where they were, and that killed a chunk of time :)

I got home around 1:30 Sunday morning, and it was definitely worth it!! I am so glad I went! Met some new people, made new friends, and got to do another thing on my "new things" list.


No comments:

Post a Comment