Friday, April 8, 2011

My girls

This past Wednesday night my Bible Study started up again. We took a few weeks hiatus because a few of the girls had babies! I can't tell you how excited I am that we have started up. I have missed these girls deeply!

I have been involved with this group since January of 2010. My friend Elisa wanted to start going and wanted me to go with her, but I had another commitment on Wednesday nights. When that changed that to another night I decided to
go with Elisa. I was very hesitant but it's one of the best decisions I have ever made! From the first visit you know that God is completely in this group - there is no denying it. The group wasn't started by a church, in fact we all go to different churches, but that doesn't matter. It's amazing to hear how God has brought each individual to this group, and how we are all intertwined. We were talking one night about all the connections we had and it's all God that brought us together. I had no idea how this group would change my life.

At this study, some of us are married, some have kids, some engaged, and some single. Despite that diversity, we are all very close. I seriously love those girls and would do anything for them. They are so encouraging, up lifting, hilarious, and real. We are so vulnerable, so comfortable, so safe. We share everything and know that it will not leave the group. We have laughed together, cried together, and cried while laughing. We have helped each other in difficult times and rejoiced together in celebration. I am so incredibly thankful that God brought me to this group, that He has blessed me with these girls. They have changed my life and I can't thank them enough. I love them to death!

Here are some of us at Amanda's baby shower.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I'm so glad you are a part of the group!! :) can't wait till Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete