Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cats

I have always been a cat person - not a dog person. I do not dislike dogs, just not a fan of them. So needless to say, I have 2 cats...didn't plan on either one of them, but since they came to me, I had to take them in :) They are as opposite as night and day, but they are so much fun!!



This is Lexi. She came to me in 2008. She actually showed up at work. My sister's department is some what the "catch all" department (no offense :) ) so they called her to figure out what to do with this cat. Sarah, being the animal lover that she is, took her home and she lived in their bathroom. Sarah didn't like that she was cooped up, so she asked my parents if they would keep her at her house while we searched for the owners. She had clearly been walking around for awhile because we thought she was de-clawed due to the fact they were all gone, and she was incredibly skinny. We put up fliers but never found her owners. My parents, not wanting a cat asked me if I would take her. So I did. I named her Lexi, because she was found in Lexington. She is approximately 3 years old

She is my subdued cat. She won't eat people food, she likes to be kept to herself, she doesn't like to be picked up...your typical cat. Her favorite thing to do is take bobby pins out of my hair when I am sleeping, or just paw at your hair in the middle of the night.

This is Meeko. She came to me from another person at work, and my sister was yet again involved! I had been wanting another cat for Lexi because I wasn't home that much and thought she would enjoy another cat. I got Meeko in 2009. A guy at work took in their neighbors cat when the family moved away, and the cat became pregnant. He was getting rid of the kittens, and sent an email to Sarah to see if she knew anyone interested. Sarah sent me the email, but none of the cats were long-haired, and that is what I wanted since Lexi has short hair. Well, he sent another picture and there was Meeko, a fur ball - only one of the litter. I named her Meeko because I wanted something different, and I was googling Disney character names (because of the Disney fan that I am) and there is a raccoon named Meeko in the movie Pocahontas. I watched the movie a few months after I got her, and it's amazing how much her and her namesake are alike!

Meeko is my crazy, wild cat. She gets into everything, she eats anything - you can't leave plates around. She can be a cuddle-bug, she sleeps on my bed. She is a talker, and loves to be petted - on her terms of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment