Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tables

My dad is awesome!!! He worked incredibly hard at stripping, sanding and staining my coffee table and end table! They were dark brown, almost black, and he re-stained them so they are now a light brown!

I'll give you some back story...Some 30 years ago, when my parents got married, they bought a Living room set (entertainment center, coffee table, and end tables), and a Dining Room set (hutch and dining room chairs and table) My sister got the living room set, and I got the dining room set. Everything was the same color.

Through the years, Ben and Sarah bought darker furniture, so their coffee table and end table no longer matched. Last summer, dad re-stained their coffee table and end tables darker to match.

Well, this year they gave me the entertainment center because they needed the space for something else. So now, I have the Dining room set, and the Entertainment center, all matching wood. When I moved on my own, my grandmother gave me her coffee table and end table. They are a very dark stained wood - not the same color. This summer, I asked dad if he would make my tables to match the other set.

Today, they dropped off the finished tables, and they match perfectly!! I am so excited about them! You would never know they didn't come that color originally. It took him almost 2 weeks I think to strip them down to the bare wood, then re-stain them. They were complicated pieces too with lots of curves and he had to take the tables apart in order to do it correctly. My dad is a perfectionist when it comes to work, and I am so thankful that he is because they are perfect, and look brand new!! And now, I will always have the legacy that the tables came from my grandmother, but my dad put is sweat and hard work into them to make them what they are. I will have these tables forever because it will be incredible hard to give them up now. Too much history behind them.

Thank-you dad, you truly are amazing Love you!!!


Before



After


No comments:

Post a Comment