Saturday, June 18, 2011

Harry Potter

My sister has been bugging me for years to read Harry Potter. I have always turned her down because I didn't want to take the time to sit down and read 7 books. I have watched all the movies, but never really understood everything that went on.

My sister doesn't give up, and I am glad! She finally started to bring me the books and I started reading them. Needless to say after book 1 I was hooked - which is misleading because it is the smallest of the 7 books. She gets you hooked with a small 100 page book then she writes these 700 page books! I will tell you, it is all worth it! I read all 7 books in 7 weeks!! They are that good!

Rowling is an amazing author. I was a little nervous that they would be too child-like, but they aren't! They are intricate, deep, and dark. They have a little bit of everything, romance, fights, conflicts, love.

Each book builds on the one before it, and every detail counts. In the last book she brings out details from the earlier books that you had forgotten or didn't realize until she points it out. I found myself going back and looking to see if it was true, and it is. She has a way of pulling you into this world, and you find yourself cheering for them, crying with them, wondering, hoping your favorites don't die, or get injured, or that they get together. While reading the last book, I was holding a pillow so tightly, and punching it, that at the end of the book, it was no longer in the shape of a square.

Rowling has one great imagination! I have no idea how she came up with this entire world. I can't wait for the last movie to come out in July. Definitely going to the midnight showing with Ben and Sarah - since she got me hooked, I'm making her go then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment