Sunday, November 6, 2011

House Update

So things moved fast this week! This time last week, I only had a slab of concrete and today I have an entire house framed!! It was so exciting to be able to walk around and see things up close and personal! As you know, this is the first time that they have ever built this floor plan, so it was exciting to be able to see it life-sized, and not just on paper. So without further ado..here is a picture of my house!


There is a funny story here....as you can see those are my stairs that my dad is looking at and inspecting....so if my stairs are outside, how did we get up to the second floor you ask? Well, when we were there on Saturday, the framers were still working and we saw one guy climb up the wall via a make-shift ladder to the second floor. This ladder was built into the existing wall frames, basically horizontal steps put up between two vertical 2x4's. So, today, being the adventurous family that we are said "we can do that" so up the make shift ladder we went! Yes, we are crazy, but it was fun! The hardest part was coming back down, but no worries for us - we all went up and back down without a hitch.

The house is more than I expected! I am so very glad because it could have easily gone the other way, and not lived up to the image in my head, but it went way beyond! Now all the fun really begins and the planning can get underway!! I am so excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment