Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mandi's Wedding Weekend

I just got home from a whirlwind weekend to Pennsylvania for my friend Mandi's wedding. Ben, Sarah and I left Friday after work and drove up to Lancaster only to return home today. We arrived Friday at 2 am, slept for about 5 hours and then Saturday we were hanging out with friends. We started the day at Shady Maple for breakfast - it is an Amish run restaurant and it is amazing food! This is the first time we have been there for breakfast. After breakfast, we went to the park with Ray, Sara and Lily and hung out with them until the wedding.

The wedding was beautiful!! It was held in a country barn that was converted to a wedding/reception venue. The wedding was everything Mandi. It was simple yet elegant. She had great music! Most of her music came from movies, she had Disney, Pirates, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter...it was so much fun! It was a typical Northern wedding with seating charts and a full sit down dinner. At dinner time, the DJ said "I would like to introduce you to our dinner" to which our table said "introduce?" with questions marks on our faces and then we saw what he meant. Two guys walked in carrying a big that had been barbecued. Yes, the entire pig face and all. It was quite disturbing to walk up to the pig and the guy pull meat right out of him. Phil leaned over to me while eating and asked me if I wanted to know the pigs name...I quickly told him no! I did not want to know the name of the pig that I was eating. She didn't have a traditional cake, instead she had 4 flavors of whoopie pies!! Oh my stars they were amazing. We had fun filling out the MadLibs at the table, and they had an ornament in the shape of a star for everyone at the table to sign. We also got to see friends and hang out for awhile.

Even though it was a short weekend, it was well worth it to go up for the wedding. We have traveled those roads so many times that the 9 hours don't seem that bad anymore. It's fun to see everyone if only for the day, and I love going home!

1 comment:

  1. That’s nice! Isn’t it amazing attending your friend’s wedding? In my group, I guess I am the only one who is still not married but I had great fun attending my friends’ wedding. A lot of them chose San Francisco venues for their weddings. I think I will also pick up one from there and marry a good guy soon.

    ReplyDelete