Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pre-Drywall Meeting

On Friday, I had my Pre-Drywall meeting. What is this you ask? Well, it's a meeting at the house before the drywall goes up! :)

My realtor, Zack, and I met the builder at the house and we walked through the house making sure everything was in place before they put up the drywall.. The builder pointed out every outlet, light switch, light, smoke alarm, thermostat, etc, and make sure that it is in an ok place. All was well except for one light switch that I asked them to move because it was awkwardly behind the railing of the staircase. The builder said it was an easy fix, so problem solved! We also had an issue with the stairs to address, but that was taken care of as well! Overall, it was a very productive meeting. I was orientated with the ins and outs of the house more, found out how my attic stairs were going to come down, what size AC filters I would need, my closet in my bedroom is 100 square feet by itself, and most importantly found out my closing date hasn't been delayed!! whoo hoo!!

So in little over a month my house will be completed! So hard to believe, and yet so exciting! I can't wait to see all the finishing touches put on. Each step has become more of a reality to me. At the beginning I bought something that I hadn't even seen, and now I have walls and insulation, and this week, drywall!

Now the fun really begins...packing! Trying to figure out when to start is the hardest part. You don't want to pack too far in advance, because if the stuff can stay in a box for 6 or so weeks, do I really need it, and do I want to live with boxes around, yet on the other hand, you don't want to wait until the 11th hour. I hope to start packing soon though. It's going to be a crazy few weeks, but oh so exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment